Adilabad fort on the hills to the south of Tughlaqabad, Adilabad Fort was built by Mohammad Bin Tughlaq (ruled 1325-1351 son and succssesor og Ghiyas-uddin Tughlaq) after whom it is also known as Muhammadabad, It is considered as the fourth fort of Delhi. The Adilabad Fort followed the plan of Tughlaqabad fort and is located on southern side. The fort was connected with the Tughlaqabad Fort through a causeway whose remains and still visible. The walls of ambankment connecting it with Tughlaqabad fort are carried over the hills.
Its Location gave view to rest of the city from its vantage poin. Similar to tughlaqabad fort, the adilabad fort contains outer and inner entrance. Entry to the fort is marked with gates at two location souttheast and southwest inside inner fortification remains of citadel containing of walls
To the south of Tughlaqabad are its two pendent forts, the one built on small rocks on its south eastern corner is known as Muhammadabad, after Muhammad Shah Tughlaq, or Adilabad from adil - just for it was one of Muhammad's weaknesses to consider himself the ideal of a just man. It is strange to notice that, after giving him the blackest possible character, Ibn Batuta does not hesitate to add, in spite of this, he is one who exhibitis the greatest equity. The fort to the south west of Tughlaqabad is known by such a variety of names s would lead one to suppose that it has the advantage of a periodical change in its nomenclature by some it is called the Emperror's Fort, by others the washerman's fort on the Right Fort.
Both Adilabad and the second small fort are miniatures of Tughlaqabad, having ben built in the style of the fort of Tughlaq Shah, with sloping walls, hudge blocks of stones, and enclosing both a citadel and a city. The circuit of Adilabad does not extend beyond half mile that is the second fort is even less. In both forts the citadel is built on an elevated position, and commands a suburb enclosed by a line of wall. In Adilabad the main gateway is also the entrance to the citadel, the other wall enclose the protected suburb which is the south of the citadel, here it meet the eatern wall of the citadel, and a connected with Tughlaqabad by a double wall along the causeway, which crosses the intervening low ground. In the citadel of this fort was the famous place of Hazir sathun, the place with a thousand pillars, being the second building of that name, the first was built by Alauddin khilji on the grounds which were afterwards the enclosed suburb known as jahan panah. syus ahmed khan's description of this place is hardly correct the pillars are said to have been out of marble and the building was not unlikely three storeye high.